The Discovery of Boswellic Acid and Beta-Elemene
It has become glaringly obvious that boswellic acid (BA) is a compound fit to kill cancer cells, and researchers have tested frankincense essential oil to determine if it should role to play in oncology.
Although there is some debate whether or not BA is too large a compound to survive conventional essential oil filtration systems, there are studies in the literature that claim they are indeed part of frankincense oil; as we will see below. Subsequently, the jury is still out as to the exact mechanism(s) explaining why frankincense essential oil is so beneficial to cancer patients. However, advances in recent research suggest that Beta-elemene – a cancer-fighting terpene found in frankincense and myrrh with the ability to cross the blood brain barrier – may be partly responsible.
What are Boswellic acids?
- All types of Frankincense are composed of varying proportions of water-soluble gum, resin, essential or volatile oils. These resins and volatile oils are lipophilic and dissolve in non-polar solvents such as vegetable oils, alcohol and petroleum distillates.
- Boswellic acids are resin acids and makeup between 30% to 60% of the resin portion of Frankincense. They can be compared to the resin we use on violin bows and in paints and lacquer. Though Pine rosin is made up mainly of Abietic acids and contains no Boswellic acids, neither is soluble in water.
- Recent studies have indicated that the Boswellic acids in Frankincense possess anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Some of the cancer cells they have shown promise and effectiveness in treating are prostates, late stage ovarian, bladder, colorectal, brain tumors and much more.Take the time, do the research, you will find these studies online.
- Boswellic acids are only present in the resin portion of these oleo-gum-resins, not their essential oils. Though all essential oils can be said to have therapeutic properties, the essential oils of Frankincense contain only trace amounts of Boswellic acids. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boswellic_acid
- You can literally knock yourself out with Frankincense essential oil without getting a meaningful amount of Boswellic acids.
As stated by the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
“Beta-elemene is a compound found in plants such as celery, mint, and in many others used in traditional medicine. Although the pure form is not used as dietary supplement, some cancer patients use herbs high in beta-element as treatment. Beta-element was shown to prevent growth of cancer cells in laboratory cells by different mechanisms. A few poorly designed studies done in humans showed that it may improve quality of life in cancer patients. It is unclear if raw herbs containing beta-elemene have the same effects in humans. More research is needed.”
How to make Frankincense Water
Frankincense Water (Boswellia sacra)
Frankincense has long been revered around the world for its powerful cleansing and purifying properties. It’s has been used in Chinese, western and Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for a wide range of different ailments, and is still regularly incorporated into many different remedies. This particular product is a 10:1 hot water extraction of Boswellia sacra that is intended for internal consumption. It exhibits powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is also helps to effectively purify the blood.
The list of benefits is immense and extensive – it will take you some time to compile a description that can do this powerful tree resin justice.
The benefits of this Frankincense water are:
- Prevents digestive problems
- Strengthens immune system
- Works as a Natural Diuretic
- Strengthens, tones, and lifts the skin, muscles, and internal organs
- Promotes skin and tissue regeneration
- Improves joint health
- Helps get rid of toxins
- Helps with stress relief and inflammation
- Anti-carcinogenic (prevents cancer, may help heal cancer)
- Eases Fever and Headaches
Frankincense Water and Cancer
There’s a lot of hubbub these days with talk of frankincense being a cure for cancer.
I am aware that there are various reports all over the internet on frankincense’s efficacy against certain kinds of tumours. Please understand that this has not been proven nor even seriously researched, to my knowledge. I realize that some essential oil companies promote frankincense as a cancer treatment, but that is only a cheap shot at a quick profit and I will stand by that statement.
We are not allowed by law, nor by our own ethical standards, to claim frankincense is a cure for any cancer, no matter what the circumstances.
There most certainly are stories of people who have spontaneously gone into remission while using frankincense, but there is no proof that it was the frankincense that did it. No proof at all.
I am perfectly aware that allopathic medicine has a lot of faults and I totally agree, but that doesn’t mean that someone who repudiates it and claims to have a cure for cancer does. There are a lot of fakers out there. Healthcosmo Omani Frankincense Resin/Essential Oil and Frankincense Hydrosol or Frankincense Water of Healthcosmo Wellness are the genuine source directly come from Omani Royal farm.